Summer Camp Plans
2021 Summer Activities Camp
Camp, and scouts. They go together like cookies and milk. When someone mentions 'they were a scout' how often are they reflecting back on the time they spent alone in the woods with their friends or reminiscing on some seminal moment of growth in their personal lives. Step back and think about...
- An early morning with Scouts splashing into a cold lake while all around the lake steams as the morning sun creeps above the horizon.
- An archery bow stretched tight be a small hand and aimed at a bull’s-eye 30 feet away
- Hikers on a brush-laden trail creeping silently forward to see a stag before it bounds off into the woods.
- Teams paddling to see who can upset a rival patrols canoe during camp games.
- Smoke slowly rising from a campfire while you and a hundred other scouts sing in joyous dis-harmony.
This year we are splitting our Summer Camp experience to better suit the COVID environment in which we find ourselves. The troop has decided that maintaining a smaller footprint to keep our collective exposure 'pod' smaller is in our best interest. We will therefore be splitting our summer camp experience from the usual 'everybody is going to one place' to a series of smaller activities - but including a traditional summer camp element.
We will be offering the following activites for scouts:
For all First year scouts, those second year scouts who did not get to attend camp last year, and all scouts who are not first class or 14 years old will be able to attend Rodney Scout Reservation week long summer camp.
For older scouts who are First Class or above we are offering three mini-high adventure programs. Scouts will get to choose between:
- Water Sports
- Boot n Paddle
Summer Camp Packing List
Picture of Summer Camp Trunk - Dimensions: 31.25"L x 17.63"W x 13.8"H
Walmart Trunk Link
Mosquito Net Frame Directions
Amazon Insect Netting
Amazon popup mosquito net
"The Scoutmaster teaches boys to play the game by doing so himself."
-- Sir Robert Baden-Powell
Make sure your Boy Scout does not miss the opportunities of Scout summer camp. The “hidden value” of Scout camp will benefit your son for a lifetime!